Have you got a sensational manuscript lurking in your bottom drawer, a specialist knowledge in a subject that deserves being committed to paper, or a brilliantly original idea for a children's book?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, and you're interested in turning you masterpiece into a published work, then this is the book for you. This classic guide for writers contains everything you need to know about the world of publishing in Aotearoa New Zealand (and beyond). Previous editions have held an essential place on the bookshelves of Kiwis who aspire to list 'published author' or 'award-winning journalist' amongst their achievements. The Bateman New Zealand Writer's Handbook 7th edition offers great practical advice, such as:
- Where to get your manuscript assessed
- How to present your manuscript to a publisher
- Tips on researching and finding online resources
- The nuts and bolts of writing fiction
- Details of awards, grants, fellowships and writing courses
- The nitty gritty of managing your taxes
- Advice on how to self-publish and publish online
- Up-to-date directories of New Zealand-based magazines, newspapers and publishers.
Language and Linguistics
H: 210mm W: 137mm