From best-selling railway expert, Julian Holland, explore Britain's historical railways in All Aboard.
The history of Britain's railways is a long and fascinating one, filled with stories of grand endeavours, noted figures and record-breaking feats.
Julian Holland brings together a unique miscellany of intriguing tales and engaging trivia - the perfect collection for every railway enthusiast.
Stories range from Bulleid's 'Chinese Laundries', trainspotting trips in Wales and Scotland and Liverpool's 'Dockers' Umbrella' to railway artists and clergy, a railway-owned airline and railways that were never built.
Find out about
- The Royal Scot's 11,000-mile journey in the USA and Canada
- A narrow gauge island railway in the middle of the Bristol Channel
- How the London & South Western Railway saved the British Empire
- Mallard's unbeaten world speed record of 1938
- How to fly by Great Western Railway from Cardiff to Plymouth
- The 75-mile network of narrow gauge railways on the Isle of Skye
- How another 4,500 miles of railway escaped closure by Dr Beeching
All Aboard is a delightful miscellany for every railway enthusiast, filled with fascinating and obscure stories, facts and figures.
Transport: general interest, History and Archaeology, Economics - Finance - Business and Management, Lifestyle - Hobbies and Leisure
H: 210mm W: 148mm Spine: 15mm
Weight: 540 grams