This book helps children to prepare and perform a mihi.
Children all through English medium schools in New Zealand are encouraged to learn their own pepeha - a way of introducing themselves in a traditional Māori way.
This book helps to give one example of a template for how that can be done. Three children demonstrate their names, their mountains, their rivers, their parents' names and where they are from.
There is also a second sound track so children can learn to fill in the gaps with their own pepeha.
- Provides a template for an easy mihi for young children
- Te reo Māori words, phrases and sentences for play
- Includes a second sound track with gaps children can fill
- Favourite of children aged 4 - 9 years
- Includes English translation, activity ideas, guitar chords
Sharon Lee Holt, Deborah Jane Hinde
H: 210mm W: 297mm Spine: 3mm